The Renal Physicians Association’s annual meeting is about learning on all levels, whether you are a well-established nephrologist or a new practice manager or renal fellow. Here is a list of special tracks being offered this weekend for billing, business, and fellows, plus a special satellite symposium.
Business Management Track
To better meet the learning objectives of nephrology practice managers, the RPA program committee has planned workshops and a concurrent general session that will address issues related to business operations associated with managing a nephrology practice. These sessions were designed specifically for practice managers but are open to all attendees. Topics include:
- Benchmarking for results
- HIPAA compliance
- The employment cycle: From the offer letter to employee termination
- Financial dynamics of nephrology practice
- Transitioning to ICD-10
- Collaboration with dialysis providers, hospitals, and insurance companies
Nephrology Coding and Billing Seminar
Thursday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Navigating nephrology coding and billing is complex and requires an in-depth understanding of federal guidelines and requirements, as well as variations in local carrier coverage determinations (LCDs). This seminar will equip the attendee with a greater understanding of the following:
- Why physicians must document services provided
- How to apply E&M guidelines to a nephrology practice
- How to properly code services rendered to kidney disease patients and why
- How to apply federal coordination of benefits guidelines to kidney patient care services
- How to prepare for the transition to ICD-10
7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) available
Renal Fellows Workshop
Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
This workshop will offer valuable information from selected experts in their fields to aid renal fellows in making a smooth transition from training into practice. Fellows will gain knowledge and resources to help them prepare for employment, maintenance of certification, understand practice expenses and revenue, medical director responsibilities, and an introduction to nephrology coding and billing. There will also be a job fair where fellows can meet potential employers.
Friday, 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Hosted by AtCor Medical Inc.
“Noninvasive central blood pressure in patient management”
This lunch symposium is designed to assist clinicians in understanding the role of central aortic blood pressure in blood pressure management and therapy guidance.