Update: Registration for this event is now open at www.eventsvc.com/blhtechnologies/register/dac624ae-8479-4c9b-b22c-573975f5c52d
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services will host an MLN Connects National Provider Call about the End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program Aug. 7 at 3:00 pm Eastern Time. This call will focus on the steps dialysis facilities need to take to review the data CMS will use to evaluate performance as part of the payment year 2014 ESRD QIP program, the agency said.
On July 15, CMS will release to each dialysis facility a preliminary PY 2014 Performance Score Report (PSR) that "previews” how well it scored on the quality measures CMS will use for determining any payment reductions.
CMS is encouraging every dialysis facility to carefully review its PSR before the agency makes the information available publicly at the end of 2013. Facilities will have from July 15, 2013, through August 15, 2013, to complete this review.
Agenda for the call
• How to access and review a dialysis facility's PSR;
• How CMS calculated a dialysis facility's ESRD QIP performance score using quality data
• What the performance score means to a dialysis facility's PY 2014 payment rates
• When and where to ask questions regarding a PSR, including how to submit one formal inquiry
• Duties and responsibilities to make ESRD QIP performance data transparent to patients
• Where to access help and get additional information
Registration will be available at CMS' Upcoming National Provider Calls registration website at www.eventsvc.com/blhtechnologies.