The deadline for to apply for the American Society of Nephrology's William and Sandra Bennett Clinical Scholars Program is Dec. 12 at 4:00 p.m. EST.
The program supports aspiring nephrology educators with $50,000 per year for up to two years to conduct a project to advance all facets of nephrology education and teaching, according to ASN.
To apply for the William and Sandra Bennett Clinical Scholars Program, a candidate must:
1. Hold an MD, DO, PhD, or the equivalent degree.
2. Complete the clinical portion of their training program by the time of award activation.
3. Hold a full-time faculty appointment and be within seven (7) years of initial faculty appointment at the time of the award activation.
4. Complete a project under the direction and mentorship of a qualified sponsor/mentor who is a member of ASN at the time of the application.
5. Hold ASN membership at the time of the application and throughout ASN funding.
6. Work in North or Central America during the funding period.
7. Commit a minimum of 50% time to education and the William and Sandra Bennett Clinical Scholars Program during the funding period. A statement of commitment must be provided by the Division Chief or Department Chair.
8. Consider completing additional formal or semiformal educational training during the ASN Foundation funded years.
More details about the program are available in ASN's website.